Thursday, March 18, 2010

Oh, look what I stumbled upon on a recent thrifting excursion...

Sometimes when you go thrifting, you find things you never expected to find. Things you were never looking for in the first place. Things you never realized you would ever find in a thrift store! And, let me tell you, oh the joy that can come! 

That was exactly my experience this week when I popped into my neighborhood Goodwill for a few minutes. I really just wanted to walk around and unwind after a Monday of sitting at my desk and reading reports (ugh!). But what I stumbled upon was glorious... 


The Goodwill in my neighborhood often gets donations from Target. But, these donations are generally mostly clothes and shoes, which I tend to pay little attention to. But this week, they sent over some other things! Philosophy lotion and Bumble and Bumble hair products! I spotted these gems in a huge basket of stuff inside the jewelry counter and was elated to see that they were all new and unopened (and were priced SO low!). You can see the Target sale price tags still attached in the photos ($34.99 for the Philosophy lotion, $25.99 each for the Bumble and Bumble shampoos and hairspray) as well as the Goodwill price tags ($2 and $3.50). So, I snatched them up! And for $10.50, I left Goodwill with over $110 worth of hair and body products. Who doesn't love 90% off?

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I didn't know that the Goodwills around here got Target stuff-- might have to go visiting again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if they all do, but the one on Garner's Ferry Road definitely does. And one of the women that works there told me they get new things on Monday... so Monday night is a great time to go!

    ReplyDelete